STORMONT VAIL EVENTS CENTER WILL REOPEN MONDAY, JULY 6
THE SKY ZONE BOX OFFICE WILL REOPEN ON WEDNESDAY, JULY 15, AND WILL RESUME NORMAL HOURS OF WED-FRI 10AM-5PM
*All patrons entering the venue for an event that is expected to have 500 or more people will be required to wear a facial covering or mask and keep it on at all times while in the venue. This policy will be in place until further notice. *We will recognized all current state and local health recommendations during this process
*Please note: Individual event promoters for events that are expected to have less than 500 people may choose to implement mask requirements, even if the venue as a whole does not. Please refer to the social media and website pages for the individual event for specific details.
Spectra’s “Together AGAIN!” Plan Outlines Operational Updates and New Policies to Safeguard Employees, Guests, and Performers
(TOPEKA, July 1, 2020) – Stormont Vail Events Center announced its all-inclusive reopening plan, which is a blueprint of best practices, policies, and procedures the venue has put in place prior to welcoming back crowds in July. The “Together AGAIN!” custom reopening strategy was created using industry standards and recommendations; directives from local, state, and federal governments; guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and health departments; and Spectra’s leaders and subject matter experts.
Stormont Vail Events Center will officially reopen on Monday, July 6th. The first public events will occur in mid-July, including Ladies Day Out on July 18, Gun Show on July 18 and 19, and the Shawnee County Fair and Horse Show July 18- July 25.
Below is a summary of the key elements of the “Together AGAIN!” plan:
- Signage will be posted throughout the venue reminding patrons to socially distance by 6 feet and observe best hygiene practices
- Events will have predetermined attendance and participation limits, as well as limited area capacities
- All cue areas will be marked on the ground for patrons to stand 6 feet apart while in line
- Floor seating and chairs will be set based on social distancing guidelines.
- Attendees, vendors and participants at public events will not be allowed to congregate or gather, and must maintain 6 feet of space between each other at all times
CLEANING AND SANITIZATION
- Operations Department will conduct regular cleaning to supplement routine cleaning
- Hand sanitizer stations and hand pumps will be available throughout venue, especially in high-touch areas
- Frequent cleaning and sanitization in all high-touch areas and restrooms with COVID-19 approved products
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- All employees will be required to wear face masks
- Employees will be required to wear gloves for cleaning, handling, and serving food, and dealing with all first aid incidents. Gloves will be available for all employees
- Masks will be required for all persons attending an event expected to have 500 or more people in attendance (including staff and vendors). For events of less than 500 persons, masks will not be required by all attendees, but will be strongly encouraged.
- All persons entering a Spectra-managed venue, except persons who are there for the sole purpose of attending a ticketed or non-ticketed event, must “pass” a screening via a no-contact infrared thermometer. This includes, without limitation, Spectra’s employees, staff and crew of promoters or event-holders, and the staff of any contractors, construction crews or anyone performing services at Stormont Vail Events Center (e.g. employees of any cleaning or security company, construction managers, sub-contractors, etc).
*We will recognized all current state and local health recommendations during this process
TICKETING AND ENTRY
- Implementation of the Clear Bag Policy. Patrons will be permitted to bring in 1 clear bag per person, no larger than 12”W x 12”H x 6” D, in accordance with current Prohibited Items policy
- Efforts towards contactless ticket purchasing at the Box Office
- All ticket scanners will be required to wear a face mask and gloves
- Plexiglass installation at concession stands and administration office check-ins
- Efforts to maintain contactless parking
Kellen Seitz, Spectra’s General Manager for Stormont Vail Events Center, quote “I am thrilled to announce that we will be reopening our doors on Monday, July 6. Here at The Vail, we have implemented many changes to our policies and procedures, in order to ensure the safety of our patrons and our staff. From contact-less ticketing and no-touch thermometers, to social distancing and mask guidelines, we have adapted so that we can soon be enjoying live events together again!”
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures to protect our venue guests. However, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the CDC, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By entering the venue, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, and Venue disclaims any and all liability related thereto.
In accordance with the guidance and recommendations set forth by the CDC and local health officials, we respectfully request that the following guests not attend tonight’s event:
- Guests who are feeling sick or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms (including fever, cough and shortness of breath);
- Guests who have been diagnosed with, or believe to have contracted, COVID-19, unless you have had no fever for 72 hours (without use of medicine) and 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared;
- Guests who have been in contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days; and
- Guests who have traveled internationally in the past 14 days.
*All patrons entering the venue for an event that is expected to have 500 or more people will be required to wear a facial covering or mask and keep it on at all times while in the venue. This policy will be in place until further notice.